Some things you can try
- Keep giving them lots of affection and attention.
- Be clear about what you expect from them.
- Encourage them to try lots of different things.
- Give them little jobs to do so they can feel important and responsible.
- Praise their efforts when they try hard.
- Stay calm and loving when you have to discipline them.
- Support and encourage them to work out their own solutions to problems.
Visit the Parenting Resource website for more child development information on four year olds.